Allergan Breast Implant Recall Lawyers: Biocell Textured Implants Linked To Cancer Risk
For several years, the product liability lawyers at Saiontz & Kirk, P.A. have been investigating potential breast implant cancer lawsuits for women diagnosed with a rare form of lymphoma that may develop in the tissue surrounding certain types of implants, which is commonly known as breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL).
In the face of overwhelming evidence that the risk is greatest with Allergan breast implants, a worldwide recall is being issued to remove devices that feature the “Biocell” textured surface from the market.
On July 24, the FDA announced that it had “requested” the move, after an investigation confirmed that that Allergan Biocell breast implants were linked to a cancer risk that was substantially greater than any other type of breast implant. The agency indicated that the breast implant cancer problems have resulted in:
- 573 Breast Implant ALCL cases reported worldwide;
- 84% (481) of the cancer cases involved Allergan Breast Implants;
- 33 deaths from BIA-ALCL have been identified;
- More than 90% of breast implant cancer deaths where the model is known involve Allergan devices;
The breast implant recall lawyers at Saiontz & Kirk, P.A. provide free consultations and case evaluations to help women determine whether financial compensation may be available as a result of a cancer diagnosis.
All claims are reviewed by our attorneys on a contingency fee basis, which means that there are never any costs or expenses to hire our law firm and we only receive a fee or reimbursed expenses if a breast implant settlement is received.
Allegan Biocell Natrelle Breast Implant Recalls
According to the FDA Safety Communication, Allergan has agreed to remove breast implants that feature the same Biocell textured surface (shell), which is a unique surface used only by Allergan. The breast implant recalls impact:
- Allergan Natrelle Saline-Filled Breast Implants (previously sold as the McGhan RTV Saline-Filled Mammary Implant) in styles 163, 168, 363 and 468.
- Allergan Natrelle Silicone-Filled Textured Breast Implants (previously known as Inamed Silicone-Filled Breast Implants) in styles 110, 115, 120, TRL, TRLP, TRM, TRF, TRX, TCL, TCLP, TCM, TCF, TCX, TSL, TSLP, TSM, TSF, and TSX.
- Natrelle 410 Highly Cohesive Anatomically Shaped Silicone Filled Breast Implants in styles 410FM, 410FF, 410MM, 410 MF, 410 ML, 410 LL, 410 LM, 410 LF, 410 FX, 410 MX, and 410 LX.
- Natrelle 133 Plus Tissue Expander
- Natrelle 133 Tissue Expander with Suture Tabs