Johns Hopkins Dr. Nikita Levy Class Action Lawsuit
The lawyers at Saiontz & Kirk have been contacted by hundreds of former patients of Dr. Nikita Levy since information first surfaced last month about the unauthorized photographing and videotaping of patients during OB/GYN examinations at Johns Hopkins Hospital’s East Baltimore Medical Center.
These former patients have important legal rights, and immediate actions are being taken to protect individuals through class action lawsuits and other proceedings against Johns Hopkins.
Thousands of photographs and videos have been discovered of former patients of Dr. Nikita Levy, including recordings of private parts that were taken with hidden cameras or pen cameras. As a result of the outrageous conduct of Dr. Levy, patients have suffered great indignity, humiliation, shame, mortification and other physical, mental and emotional injuries. A number of serious questions have been raised about how Johns Hopkins Hospital permitted this to occur at their medical center, and what steps they failed to take to prevent this outrageous invasion of privacy.
While law enforcement officials are continuing to investigate the evidence and collect information, most former patients of Dr. Nikita Levy have been left in the dark. Johns Hopkins class action lawsuits for Dr. Nikita Levy patients will serve several important benefits for patients, especially at this early stage of the litigation.
Benefits of Dr. Levy Class Action Lawsuits At This Stage
Were You Treated by Dr. Nikita Levy?
It is important to recognize that the early filing of class action lawsuits against Johns Hopkins does not limit the rights of former patients or require that all individuals participate in the action.
If any class actions are certified, individual plaintiffs will have the option of “opting out” of the class if their damages are more severe or warrant pursuing a separate legal action.
Our class action lawyers will conduct a thorough investigation of each individual clients’ circumstances with the dignity and privacy to which she is entitled, and all options will be reviewed with former Dr. Levy patients to determine if their interests will be better served through an individual lawsuit.
Through a class action lawsuit for Dr. Nikita Levy patients, many clients will benefits from reduced expenses associated with litigation of the claims. The courts may be able to address several immediate concerns and common questions, including:
- What Johns Hopkins Hospital did to supervise and oversee Dr. Levy
- Why Johns Hopkins failed to recognize a suspicious pattern of conduct by Dr. Levy that has appeared after speaking with multiple patients, including indications that patients were commonly examined without a female staff member present or without the option for a chaperone even being offered.
- How Johns Hopkins trained their staff to recognize, report and stop suspicious behaviors by physicians.
- Whether Johns Hopkins wrongfully credentialed Dr. Levy or failed to have sufficient policies in place to prevent sexual or perverse exploitation of patients
In addition to seeking compensatory and punitive damages from Johns Hopkins for Dr. Nikita Levy patients, through a class action lawsuit, plaintiffs may also be able to force Johns Hopkins to take certain actions, such as:
- Locating all photographs and videos that were taken of patients, and disclosing how they may have been distributed.
- Take all reasonable efforts to identify patients who were photographed or recorded in a timely manner, and to do so in a manner that does not cause further psychological injury.
- To promptly notify all patients who were or may have been secretly recorded and photographed, to provide closure for the on-going emotional distress many women are suffering
- Identify all hospital employees or other individuals involved in the making of the recordings, including those who should have discovered the unusual and suspicious activities of Dr. Nikita Levy
- To protect all photographs and videos discovered to avoid unnecessary viewing
- To destroy all such photos and recordings at the conclusion of legal actions and criminal proceedings
As a result of the severe emotional trauma caused by the discovery that they may have been secretly recorded during their OB/GYN examinations, many former Dr. Levy patients have also sought therapy and psychological counseling. While Johns Hopkins has indicated that they are offering counseling to former patients, many women have questioned why Hopkins is not offering to pay for counseling that would be provided outside of the Johns Hopkins system, especially given the outrageous violations of their trust and confidence that have occurred.
Contact our Johns Hopkins Class Action Lawyers
All former patients of Dr. Nikita Levy have important legal rights. The Johns Hopkins and Nikita Levy class action lawyers at Saiontz & Kirk, P.A. are providing free consultations and claim evaluations to help determine what options may be available and to make sure you and your family are protected regarding damages caused by this unthinkable violation of trust and privacy.
To review a potential claim and determine whether your interests may be served through a class action or individual injury lawsuit, request a free consultation with Saiontz & Kirk, P.A.