How Long Will It Take to Settle Pradaxa Injury Suits?
Pradaxa (dabigatran) is a relatively new blood thinner, which was just introduced in October 2010. During the short period of time Pradaxa has been on the market, it has been linked to hundreds of reports involving bleeding, hemorrhages and deaths.
Approximately 4,000 individuals nationwide pursued Pradaxa injury lawsuit in an attempt to collect compensation as a result of the drug maker’s failure to adequately warn about the bleeding side effects of Pradaxa.
In May 2014, a Pradaxa settlement agreement was announced where the drug maker agreed to pay $650 million to resolve all cases. Only individuals who have already filed a case or previously retained an attorney were eligible to participate. However, Saiontz & Kirk, P.A. is continuing to review new potential Pradaxa claims for individuals who were not eligible for the settlement agreement.
FACTORS IN NEGOTIATIONS TO SETTLE PRADAXA SUITS
Negotiations to settle Pradaxa lawsuits are based on what a jury is likely to award in each individual case, including an assessment of the relative strengths of the suit.
If a case proceeds to trial, a jury would have to take into account the nature of the claimed injury from Pradaxa, the severity of the damage and the economic impact of the injury on each individual plaintiff.
In determining the amount of any damages from Pradaxa, the following are some of the common factors that a jury may consider, and which will be taken into consideration in determining Pradaxa settlement offers:
- The extent and duration of the injury from Pradaxa;
- The effect that the Pradaxa injury had on the overall physical and mental health or well-being of the plaintiff;
- The pain and mental anguish suffered in the past and which will likely be suffered in the future;
- The amount of any past or future medical expenses caused by Pradaxa use;
- Any lost wages or loss of earning capacity;
- In the case of a Pradaxa wrongful death lawsuit, the losses suffered by the surviving family members will also be considered, including the loss of love, affection and companionship.
To speak with our lawyers and determine whether you or a loved one may be entitled to financial compensation through any future Pradaxa settlement negotiations, request a free consultation and case evaluation.