Lawyers for Accutane Bowel Problems
Severe stomach, bowel and gastrointestinal problems may be caused by side effects of Accutane. Many users have experienced permanent damage to internal organs and a great deal of pain as a result of using the popular acne medication.
Compensation may be available through an Accutane lawsuit for individuals throughout the United States who have been diagnosed with:
To determine if you or family member may be eligible for an individual suit or Accutane class action lawsuit, request a free consultation and claim evaluation.
ACCUTANE BOWEL DISEASE
The lawyers at Saiontz & Kirk are pursuing Accutane suits for individuals throughout the United States. All cases are investigated with no fees unless a recovery is obtained.
The use of Accutane or generic isotretinoin (which may be marketed as Amnesteem, Claravis or Sotret), has been associated with hundreds of cases of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), including ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
The Accutane problems often develop among individuals with no prior history of intestinal problems and can occur years after last use of the medication.
Although the manufacturer of Accutane and other drug makers who have marketed generic Accutane since 2002 have been aware of the risk of these bowel problems from Accutane, they failed to take adequate steps to warn consumers and the medical community about the extent of the risk.
Information provided about the potential Accutane bowel dangers has been vague and confusing, leaving many prescribing doctors and their patients unclear about the extent of the risk and impact of the damage it can cause.
Symptoms of Accutane bowel problems may include:
- Severe stomach pain, chest pain or bowel pain
- Trouble swallowing or Pain while swallowing
- Rectal Bleeding
- Weight Loss
ALLEGATIONS IN ACCUTANE LAWSUITS
Lawsuits against Accutane have been filed throughout the United States on behalf of individuals who have suffered severe bowel complications from Accutane, with allegations such as:
- The drug makers failed to adequately warn about the risk of Accutane side effects.
- The drug makers failed to properly test and research Accutane and bowel problems that are associated with its use.
- The risk of users suffering permanent Accutane intestinal problems outweigh the benefits provided by the acne medication.
- The drug makers failed to issue an Accutane recall or remove the drug from the market after it became apparent that it is an unreasonably dangerous drug.
- The risk of problems with Accutane is more dangerous than an ordinary consumer would expect and more dangerous than other risks associated with the treatment of acne.
ACCUTANE CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS AND INDIVIDUAL SUITS
Hundreds of individuals throughout the United States are pursuing an Accutane case against Roche Laboratories, Inc. and their subsidiary Hoffman La Roche, Inc, as well as several makers of generic Accutane. Several of the early trials in the Accutane litigation have resulted in multi-million dollar awards of damages for individuals diagnosed with Inflammatory Bowel Disease or other problems from Accutane.
The Accutane lawyers at Saiontz & Kirk, P.A. are reviewing potential new cases, and all lawsuits are investigated and pursued on a contingency fee basis, which means that there are no fees or expenses unless a recovery is obtained.
If you, a friend or family member have experienced bowel or intestinal problems from Accutane, request a free consultation and claim evaluation.