Lawyers Provide Free Valsartan Recall Case Evaluations Nationwide

Harvey Kirk

By Harvey Kirk
Posted July 31, 2018

ADD YOUR COMMENTS 19

Amid concern that certain generic valsartan and valsartan HCTZ pills may have been distributed for years with impurities that increase the risk of cancer, the drug recall lawyers at Saiontz & Kirk, P.A. are reviewing cases for users of the hypertension drug who have been diagnosed with:

• Liver Cancer
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Lung Cancer
  • Liver Injury Resulting in Hospitalization

All valsartan recall lawsuits are being evaluated by our law firm on a contingency fee basis, which means that there are never any out-of-pocket expenses to hire a lawyer and we receive no fees or expenses unless a recovery is obtained. Request a free consultation and claim evaluation.

Valsartan and Valsartan HCTZ Recall

Contact Our Lawyers To Review a VALSARTAN RECALL CASE

Saiontz & Kirk, PA, Attorneys & Lawyers, Baltimore, MD

In July 2018, the FDA announced the recall for several types of generic valsartan, indicating that the manufacturing process has resulted in impurities, including a substances known as N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), which is a known to increase the risk of cancer.

The contaminated ingredients may have been contained in certain version of valsartan and valsartan HCTZ for years, exposing users to a risk of liver cancer, kidney cancer and other serious side effects.

NDMA is identified as a cancer-causing agent by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other government agencies worldwide, indicating that the safe limit for human ingestion is 96 nanograms. However, investigations suggest recalled valsartan pills exceeded those levels.

A number of valsartan recalls have been announced by the FDA, impacting batches sold by a number of pharmaceutical companies or repackagers, including:

• Major Pharmaceuticals
  • Actavis
  • Teva Pharmaceuticals
  • Solco Healthcare
  • A-S Medication Solutions LLC
  • AvKARE
  • RemedyRepack
  • Bryant Ranch Prepack Inc.
  • H.J. Harkins Company, Inc.
  • Lake Erie Medical, doing business as Quality Care Products LLC
  • NuCare Pharmaceuticals
  • Proficient Rx

According to investigators, it appears that the NDMA is a byproduct and impurity resulting from the manufacturing process. Some companies may have been distributing the contaminated valsartan pills for four years and the investigation of what drugs may be impacted is continuing.

Valsartan Class Action Lawyers

Individual cancer lawsuits and potential valsartan class action lawsuits are being evaluated for individuals who have been exposed to NDMA in the hypertension drug.

It appears that the manufacturers of generic valsartan failed to conduct adequate testing to ensure that the drugs were safe for consumers, potentially exposing them to a cancer-causing agent since 2012.

If you, a friend or family member has been diagnosed with cancer or experienced problems after taking recalled valsartan, request a free consultation and claim evaluation.

CONTACT OUR VALSARTAN LAWYERS ABOUT A RECALL LAWSUIT

19 Comments • Add Your Comments

• Sadie says:

I had been taking diovan for years and all of a sudden 2006 I started having all kinds of problems breaking out in my mouth hives all over. I have been to lots of doctors nobody knew what was wrong with me. I’ve had all kinds of test they all came back negative. The doctors treated me for rosic which I didn;t have. I have used so many steriods cream and stuff on skin to stop the itching and break outs. I have been on all of the blood pressure pills they all break me out. I just recently figure out it was the pills about a year in a half ago. I still don’t have any help. Some of the pills cause me to wheeze allergist put me on inhaler for breathing and inhaler for asthma when I stopped that one I don’t need the inhalers anymore. I have a long list of side affects and lots of pictures of my break outs. I will have and show you everything

Posted on August 4, 2018 at 4:37 pm

• Lawrence says:

I had my kidney removed and tumors and my bladder after taking Diovan and then switching over to Valsartan in 2012

Posted on August 17, 2018 at 11:35 am

• Teddy says:

I have been on Valsarten for many years. I got GIST (gastrointestinal atomal tumor 3 yrs ago) It was a major surgery and I am required to take Gleevac for life to help prevent recurrence.

Posted on August 17, 2018 at 12:07 pm

• Beth says:

I have taken valsartan for a couple of years and received breast cancer last year. Continued valsart til august 8 this year and now on losartan. Was a hardship from my job and hospital visits.

Posted on August 21, 2018 at 1:03 am

• Mickey says:

I was taking Valsartan at the time of the recall and my lot number was one of the ones listed as infected. Most lawyers don’t want to touch this until I’ve been diagnosed with cancer but that may or may not show up for some time to come. What about the mental anguish from worrying about it in the meantime? I have enough health problems without adding to them with worry because of someone else’s carelessness. It’s time we make an example of these manufacturers that are literally killing people.

Posted on August 22, 2018 at 1:44 pm

• Melvin says:

I have taken Valsartan for several years, experiencing many changes in my lifestyle sometimes limiting my ability to perform day to day activities. Although I never brought these noticeable lifestyle changes to the attention of my attending physician, however after being discharged from Valsartan in 2016; the sudden changes, such as confusion, dizziness, lightheadedness, hoarseness, palpitations; stomach pain; (Swelling, i.e., feet, hands, and ankles), subsided. Due to these many side effects, I’m now concerned about and where the article carefully addresses the reason the medication is being recalled and the potential impact the drug may have had on patients who have already taken them,

Posted on August 24, 2018 at 9:46 am

• Anna says:

I have been taking Valsartan/HCTZ 160-12.5 mg. for over 7 years. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2016 and have no family history of breast cancer at all. I have checked the recall list and the Valsartan I have is included in that list. Any probable cause that this might be responsible for the cancer?

Posted on August 25, 2018 at 5:36 pm

• Dawn says:

Ive been on Valsarten fir more than 5yrs and was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2016. Do I have a case?

Posted on August 28, 2018 at 9:34 am

• Peter says:

My husband has been taking Valsartan for the past 5 years. His doctor, and then his pharmacy sent a letter, advising him to contact someone about filing.

Posted on September 8, 2018 at 8:36 pm

• Hope says:

Hi, my dad has been taking Valsartan 2014 or longer still taking it. they gave him another brand to take .9/4/2018 after he received a recall letter 8/9/2018 from UnitedHealthCare recall by Camber. He has had some cancers and been hospitalized and still having more problems . eyes very yellow beginning of August kept stating he was going to the Doctors was taking to ER went today for liver/ Jaundice and more to come . Thanks.

Posted on September 18, 2018 at 11:55 pm

• marie says:

Been on this medicine for6-7 years or more having problem with lung, heart,kidney could the medical could be the contribute

Posted on October 11, 2018 at 7:49 am

• rita says:

my prim dr took me off diavan formy blood press and now put me on valsartan for the last 2 months. should I tell her about this. I had colon cancer in 2008.
    im cancer free so far. had surgery.

Posted on October 11, 2018 at 1:12 pm

• Cathy says:

I had been taking Diovan for many years until I saw the FDA recall and quit taking immediately. Received letter from my insurance carrier. Advised my Dr and he has prescribed another BP pill. I started losing a lot of weight months ago but thought nothing of it and also have pains in legs,feet all over. Have not been tested for cancer at this point but I sure am upset about this.

Posted on October 13, 2018 at 9:18 am

• Connie says:

I have recently been told by my doctor that my liver insyms are high. I’m not a drinker so I didn’t understand. Could this be due to taking valsartan for over twelve years?

Posted on October 27, 2018 at 9:56 pm

• Fred says:

I’ve been taking valsartan for years. I have bladder cancer. How do I find out if the valsartan I was taking contained the containment? How do I know if valsartan caused it?

Posted on October 30, 2018 at 7:01 am

• Danielle says:

I’ve been taken Valsarten for 3yrs., until it was taken off the market. I have health issues now. And also I’ve been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I now have irregular heart beat.

Posted on November 1, 2018 at 12:14 pm

• Camille says:

I took Valsartan for about 10 years I was diagnosed with a rare breast cancer and I had 5 blood clots in both lungs twice with no known origins very strange

Posted on November 12, 2018 at 10:04 pm

• Shirley says:

I am this drug Hyzaar/Losartan/Hctz100mg/25mg& concerned over the health problems I seem to have developed over last 5 yrs. Pain every where.

Posted on November 13, 2018 at 3:33 pm

• Angela says:

I started taking Diovan/Valsartan in 2010 for 8 years! In 2014 I had 2 bleeds/aneurysm in my liver then breast cancer in 2016! No breast cancer history in my family! Horrible!

Posted on November 15, 2018 at 8:10 am