Peanut Butter Attorneys: Peanut Butter Crackers, Cookies and Ice Cream Recalls
The salmonella attorneys at Saiontz & Kirk, P.A. are reviewing peanut butter lawsuits on behalf of individuals diagnosed with Salmonella typhimurium food poisoning after eating any products with peanut butter. Although initial indications suggested that contaminated peanut butter was served at nursing homes, hospitals, schools and other food service institutions, recent reports confirm that the bacteria may have also contaminated peanut butter crackers, peanut butter cookies, ice cream with peanut butter and other products sold direct to consumers.
>>INFORMATION: List of Peanut Butter Recalls
The first cases of food poisoning linked to this recall surfaced in September 2008, with the most cases developing between October 2008 and December 2008. Thousands of large containers of peanut butter produced at a plant in Georgia have been recalled, as well as a variety of snacks, candy and ice cream made with peanut paste produced at the same location.
Over the weekend, Peanut Corporation of America, which owns and operates the peanut butter processing plant in Georgia, expanded their peanut butter recall to include peanut paste sold to a variety of manufacturers of consumer products that contain peanut butter.
As a result, a number of different products have been recalled which received the peanut butter ingredients from Peanut Corporation of America, including (as of 1/19/2009):
- Austin Peanut Butter Crackers
- Keebler Peanut Butter Crackers
- Famous Amos Peanut butter Cookies
- Keebler Peanut Butter Cookies
- Mnoster Cookies
- Peanut Butter Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lunchbox Peanut Butter Cookies
- People Chow Party Mix
- Perry’s Peanut Butter Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt
- Shurfine Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
- Wegmans Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Little Debbie Peanut Butter Crackers
- South Bend Chocolate and Fudge with Peanut Butter
- Food Lion Peanut Butter Cookies
- Lofthouse Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chuck’s Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
- Pastries Plus Gourmet Cookies
- Wal-Mart Peanut Butter Cookies
- Meijer Peanut Butter Crackers
- Meijer Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
- Kroger Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- ZonePerfect Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- ZonePerfect Peanut Toffee Bars
- NutriPals Peanut Butter Chocolate Nutrition Bars
As a result of the growing number of peanut butter recalls being issued, and the difficulty determining where different manufacturers received their peanut paste ingredients, the FDA has urged consumers to avoid all products containing peanut butter. However, at this time, there is no indication that any peanut butter jars sold directly to consumers were manufactured at the Peanut Corporation of America plant in Georgia.
PEANUT BUTTER FOOD POISONING ATTORNEYS
If you, a friend or family member have suffered food poisoning after receiving food containing peanut butter at a hospital, nursing home, school or other food service institution, or after eating any peanut butter cracker, peanut butter cookie, peanut butter ice cream or other product containing peanut butter, contact our food poisoning attorneys to review whether compensation may be available through a lawsuit.
There are no fees or expenses unless a recovery is obtained. Request a free consultation and claim evaluation.