Zantac Cancer Risk Suspected After Known Carcinogen Found By FDA

Austin Kirk

By Austin Kirk
Posted September 13, 2019

ADD YOUR COMMENTS 15

Following an alarming discovery announced by the FDA today, the lawyers at Saiontz & Kirk, P.A., are evaluating the potential for Zantac lawsuits, since the known human carcinogen N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) has been found in the widely used heartburn drug.

Our law firm currently represents individuals nationwide who are pursuing valsartan lawsuits after developing cancer following exposure to this same chemical, which was found throughout much of the U.S. supply of that blood pressure drug last year.

Do You or a Loved One Have CANCER FROM ZANTAC?

• Do You Have a Valsartan Case?
  • Step 1 of 2

Saiontz & Kirk, PA, Attorneys & Lawyers, Baltimore, MD

While this new information about the Zantac cancer risk is being closely reviewed and analyzed, our law firm is evaluating whether financial compensation may be available for individuals who may have developed several types of cancer linked to NDMA exposure, which could be a side effect of Zantac contamination, including:

• Liver Cancer
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Stomach Cancer
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Other Digestive Tract Cancers

To submit information about a potential claim for yourself or a loved one, request a free consultation and case evaluation. There are no fees or expenses unless our lawyers determine we are able to move forward with this case and obtain a Zantac settlement or recovery for you or your family.

Zantac Cancer Warning

This investigation was launched after the FDA issued a warning today, indicating that there is now evidence Zantac may contain cancer-causing impurities. The statement indicates that levels of N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) were detected from laboratory tests of certain versions of the drug.

Zantac (ranitidine) belongs to a class of older heartburn drugs, known as H2 receptor antagonists, which also includes Pepcid AC and Tagamet. It is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), heartburn with acid indigestion and stomach ulcers.

As of September 13, 2019, the FDA indicates that the investigation remains in its early stages. While preliminary reports indicate the levels of NDMA were low in the first samples detected, it is unclear how widespread the problem is, and how long users were exposed to contaminated Zantac pills, which may greatly impact the cancer risk.

In previous NDMA reports, which resulted in numerous recalls for valsartan, irbesartan, losartan and similar blood pressure medications earlier this year, the levels of the contaminant varied widely from one batch of the active ingredient to another.

The Zantac problems were first detected by an online pharmacy.

Zantac Case Evaluations Provided

As part of our evaluation of the potential for Zantac cancer lawsuits, submit information if you or a loved one were diagnosed following long-term use of the medication. All claims are being investigated on a contingency fee basis, which means that there are never any out-of-pocket expenses or fees unless our lawyers are able to successfully obtain a recovery in your case.

SUBMIT INFO ABOUT A ZANTAC CANCER DIAGNOSIS

15 Comments • Add Your Comments

• Maxine L says:

I took Zantac off an on for about four years

Posted on September 20, 2019 at 1:13 am

• Emma says:

I have been prescribed Zantac / Ranitidine 150 mg twice a day for years i just filled my prescription on 9-5-19 i just had a bunch of blood work done on the same day i refilled my prescriptions i haven’t gotten my results back from my FNP Sarah OBrian at the wellness center in chiloquin oregon

Posted on September 21, 2019 at 3:47 pm

• Tara says:

I acquired the form of cancer called Lupus as a result of the use of Ranitidine, the generic form of Zantac. I need an attorney to represent me in a case against the maker of this drug.

Posted on September 23, 2019 at 11:07 am

• Anastasia says:

I’ve been on ranitidine for 10 15 years.what are my chances to get cancer.im still on it.

Posted on September 25, 2019 at 1:57 pm

• Nicole says:

I’ve been taking zantac for about ten years off an on

Posted on October 3, 2019 at 12:24 pm

• Raymond says:

I have been using Xanax for a long time.I suffer from acid reflux and esophagitis. For the last 3 or four years,I have been taking Omeprazole for acid reflux and esophagitis! I am a Veteran and My healthcare is attended to at VA Hospital in Ann Arbor,Michigan Raymond Norman

Posted on October 5, 2019 at 12:04 am

• Kathy says:

Why do doctor’s give you RX for one health problem and try to cause other health problem later on in your life. Sorry you get screwed either way. I took Wal-Mart brand substitute Zantac 150 and Pepcid though out my life. I burned my esophagus showing in my endoscopy took
    1 year to correct that with omeprazole bad for bones and I also take losartan on a regular basic for high blood pressure. My brother has a history of heartburn and he got esophagus cancer. He properly took these Zantac and others heartburn meds.

Posted on October 6, 2019 at 10:52 am

• Dawn says:

Been using Ranitidine for 5 years it’s the only med that has helped me. No diagnosed cancers or adverse effects at this time. Is there a specific screening that should be done by my doctor?

Posted on October 8, 2019 at 3:18 pm

• arrie says:

I had prostate cancer in 2005 , I also use zantac before and after do I have a case

Posted on October 16, 2019 at 4:19 pm

• Kevin J says:

I have been taking Ranitidine for over 15 years and just found out the information about the recall & problems it can cause. I am wondering if there is a screening available. I recently found a mass on my body and was concerned before that. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on October 17, 2019 at 12:41 pm

• Stu says:

I had taken Zantac on and off and was just recently diagnosed with Bladder Cancer. For the most part I had been taking Nexium, has there been any links to nexium in causing cancer? My medical records show me using nexium for years.

Posted on October 18, 2019 at 12:19 pm

• Michael says:

I have taken Zantac for years …I just had a fight with Colon Cancer ..had surgery so far so good as far a re- occurrence but its been less than a year since the cancer has me wondering ?

Posted on October 18, 2019 at 4:36 pm

• Lisa says:

I have been on ranitidine for 4 years. What kind of screening can we take to find out if we are affected.

Posted on October 21, 2019 at 2:43 am

• Maryann says:

I have taken Ranitidine on and off for many years. Most recently I take it daily for over a year as prescribed by my doctor. In September 2019 I was diagnosed with colon cancer and had surgery to remove the cancer on October 16, 2019. Thankfully the cancer was caught early and did not spread, I do not need chemo or radiation or any further treatment. I should be happy which I am however I am mystified. Just 7 months earlier I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I had a masectomy removing my right breast but again I did not need any further treatment except for a pill I have to take daily for 5 years. In the year proceeding my diagnosis of colon cancer I had 4 or more colonoscopies which I was told were clean. I dont know if the Zantac possibly caused the colon cancer but after reading the information here I became curious. I also take Lowsartan for high blood pressure. I have taken Nexium in the past. Im wondering how a persons cancer can be proven to be caused by a certain drug.

Posted on November 2, 2019 at 6:55 am

• Janet says:

I have taken zantac for years and tagamet before that. I have taken nexium, but when it went across the counter, my insurance wouldn’t pay and I can’t be afford it. A doctor recently told me to take 2 maximum strength zantac a day. I have terrible reflux problems. I can’t sleep because of it. Now I’m extremely concerned. I’m going to contact my doctor as soon as possible.

Posted on November 16, 2019 at 7:25 pm